Display By Design place the upmost importance in protecting your privacy and respecting confidentiality. We understand that users of our site will have concerns that their data will not be used for any unintended purpose and will not fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We do not share, sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected on this site. Should this policy change in the future, we will provide notification in advance and give the opportunity for all users to indicate whether or not they would prefer that we do not provide the information to third parties as previously stipulated.
The following is a list of the information we collect, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1 Basic identification and contact information
such as your name and contact details. This information is used:
1.1 to provide you with the services which you request;
1.2 to maintain our accounts;
1.3 for billing;
1.4 to enable us to respond to your enquiries;
1.5 for verifying your identity for security purposes;
1.6 for marketing our services and products;
1.7 to help make our web site as useful to you as possible;
1.8 information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us, or third parties, to provide refined information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
2 Your domain name and e mail address
are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. This information is used:
2.1 in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
2.2 to send you news about the services to which you have signed up for;
2.3 to tell you about our other services.
3 Information volunteered by you
for a specific purpose; for example a personal profile, survey, job application form, or contest. This information will be used exclusively for the purpose for which you have provided it. Information is disclosed to third parties only where the third party concerned qualifies in whatever way the web site page requires. We will make absolutely clear on the face of the page, any intention to publicise the name of a winner.
4 Associate /Affiliate information
this is information given to us, in the course of your business with ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of such information and of the terms of our relationship. This information is used:
4.1 to maintain our accounts and records;
4.2 for billing;
4.3 to enable us to answer your enquiries;
4.4 for verifying your identity for security purposes;
4.5 to send you news about our services;
4.6 to tell you about other of our services.
5 Business information
this is information given to us in the course of dealings between your business. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We would expect you and any partner to reciprocate this policy.
6 Disclosure to Government and their agencies
like everyone else, we are subject to the law that governs this land. We may be required to give information to legal authorities, if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation, such as a search warrant or court order.
7 Information request
at any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
Display By Design believe that we have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate. We are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities, and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort. We balance our business aims with the need to protect both the local and global environment. We are committed to provide the necessary and personnel resources to fulfil our Environmental Policy.
Display By Design recognises our key impacts to be in the areas of:
• Energy use
• Raw material use
• Waste generation
• Emissions to air
We will strive to:
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts.
- Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible e.g. recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources.
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations.
- Adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy.
- Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate.
- Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems.
- Continually assess the environmental impact of all our operations.
Display By Design have developed a series of action plans to supplement each of our environmental policy objectives. These include:
- Reuse waste to heat our factories
- Ensure our employees do not litter
- When making deliveries take direct routes for shortened distances
- Be aware of what resources we use
- Ask those who receive our emails to consider their environmental responsibility before printing the e-mail
- Make our environmental policy clear to new staff at induction so they know what they can do to help
- Turn all lights off when we are closed
- Our FSC Certificate proves that we make sustainable purchases to reduce our impact on the environment
- During our working hours we will take the necessary action to minimise noise levels, traffic nuisance, emission of pollutants and disturbance to the public and local ecosystems
Display By Design will develop environmental performance elevation procedures and will periodically review its environmental performance. Furthermore we will incorporate environmental factors into our business decisions. Display By Design will provide the necessary training and support to staff and ensure they are able to fulfil the commitments given in this policy statement.